Sunday, July 09, 2006

This past weekend, Jeremy had his first Kansas City art show.
It took place at Pidgeon, a new downtown shop (co-)owned by Jeremy's friend, Joe. I was so excited for Jeremy! The atmosphere was perfect for displaying all his most recent work.





Here, Jeremy is visiting with some of the first visitors to his gallery show. The show was this past Friday, July 7th. On the first Friday of every month, all the downtown art galleries and stores display local artist's works. The Pidgeon just opened about 2 weeks ago, so it not only attracted a large crowd to see Jeremy's work, but also the stores unique products.



Jeremy was the only artist featured in the store that night, which made it an even more exciting event for us!







.......more of Jeremy's work. The piece in the lower left corner was his featured work for the show. It was also advertised in The Pitch--a local newspaper--in their "things to do this weekend" issue.





This was my view of the store and art show during the majority of the night. The store has this great, comfy, lime green couch that I was more than relieved to relax in! My legs were unbelievably tight and swollen at the end of the night (cause I didn't sit as much as I should have been). Of course, my feet already look(ed) like big puffy marshmallows.

No comments: