Friday, July 21, 2006

From Daddy:
Can I brag a little? Well how about a lot?

Today is special.

Tricia and I have been married five years today. Here is a shot from a month after we started dating in 1998. Silly kids.




For those that know my bumper sticker, you know that "God Is My Rock". I have now come to know that my wife is "My Rope"- that which has kept me connected to The Rock, safe from myself, and consequently my lifeline.

My amazing wife has put up with so much the last five years. She has accomplished many life goals, travelled and explored, invested much time into her friendships, and taken care of a husband who is messy, distracted, driven, and forgetful.

Did you know my wife teaches sunday school?
Did you know my wife has completed a body building competition?
Did you know my wife climbed her hardest climb ever when she was two months pregnant? Did you know my wife spends time daily praying for many of you reading this?
Did you know my wife designed our baby's room which looks FANTASTIC?
Did you know my wife worked her butt off 13 hrs a day up until yesterday?
Did you know my wife stood and greeted people at my gallery opening for four hours, even though her ankles were swollen and she was nine months pregnant?
Did you know I met my wife in high school and thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen?

I love you, Tricia.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. In my mind you are both special beyond words. I love you both.

Oh, and thank both of you for my new grandson! I have already started work on a swing and sandbox in the back yard!

Tim, Danielle, Natalie, Jeremiah and Caleb said...

Hey Jer & Tricia,

You guys are awesome! I'm so excited for you guys and the changes that have been and are about to take place in your lives. It was so fun reading your blogs and relating - just had my 30th birthday, weight more than I ever have, and anticipating and nervous about what's to come!
We just had our second sonogram (I'm 20 weeks) and found out it's a girl! Figures, we had a boy's name figured out but couldn't nail down a girl's - guess we have more work to do!
We're praying for you guys and are rejoicing with you in these handful of days you have before you add a new member to your family! Would love to catch up with you more sometime (and get your advise on all those baby products I haven't figured out if I need yet!). Talk to you soon.
Danielle (& Tim)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this post! You two are so neat to me. I already miss Tricia being gone from work, but I'm SURE she's ready for a break for those long days!!!

Scott Williams said...

You're both pretty special!

Blessings,
scott and dawn

Joyce Collins said...

If I could have picked your wife for you, it would have been Tricia! I am glad you both love each other so much!
I am looking forward to becoming a G'ma. Zion will definitely feel welcomed to this ol' world!
I love you both soooooo much!!!!
MOM

Lizzybeth said...

Okay...that made me cry and I don't ever cry!! Plus I am sitting here at my desk at work. Thanks a lot Jeremy Collins.

Lizzybeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.