Thursday, July 27, 2006

"hello big world."




Hey Z fans-
here are the latest pics from the front line. Due to many fan letters, we have taken some substantially better pics of his face.
Tricia is feeling better, but very tired, and Zion is tired too, but this little butterfly has emerged and can't help openign his eyes to have a look around

.

The nights are long as we all 3 learn how to do this whole family thing.

Wow! I just can't stop watching him. He is so amazing...



Oh! and Also-he has an added middle name: Zion Michael Ray. Many folks have been asking about his names, so here's the history-

Zion- (rhymes with "Bryan" "Flyin" or "Cryin")
Traditionally it means "dwelling place of The Most High"
In Hebrew:

צִיּוֹן "Height"

Today, "Zion" is often used metaphorically, to symbolize Jerusalem and the Promised Land where God dwells amongst his people(Heaven). Zion (tzion) is also an Aramaic (precursor to Hebrew) word meaning "pure".

Zion National Park in Utah is also the first place Tricia and I climbed together, in the fall of 1998.

Michael-
Zions Uncle Bryan Michael died 8 yrs ago and this seemed like a fitting way to keep both his and his Grandpa Gary Michaels name in the family. Michael is also said in scripture to be an arkangel in heaven. It is comforting knowing that Bryan is watching Zion from above as well.

Ray-
Tricia's grandpa Ray Earle died last year. My Grandpa Billy Ray died in 2001. His dad, and my great grandpa Ray Collins is luckily still with us, and we hope to go visit him next week to attempt a 5 generation picture (Zion is his first Great Great Grandkid). Too many Rays in our collective legacy to leave it out.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selah~(As in the Psalms)~ Zion just evokes all these emotions in you, and creates a moment and you have to pause~ WOW! Zion is truly a gift from God. How precious and wonderful.

Joyce Collins said...

Great choice for his name! I love the pictures!

Amber said...

I see you saw my newest blog post ;-). Is that the close up picture you liked the best? If it's not I'll e-mail the rest to you.

Sorry I didn't make it up to the hospital tonight...I miss the "Z-man" already :-). I'll see you at home tomorrow (right?). Tell Tricia to say the word & I'll fix you dinner too!

*I'm thinking either my roasted lemon/rosemary chicken with new potatoes, baked ziti, or chicken enchiladas with white sauce....Tricia's choice

Joyce Collins said...

Wow Jeremy! You got a good sister-in-law along with that beautiful wonderful wife of yours! Amber, it has been a delight to see you as you have been caring for Tricia. You are a Wonder Woman! :?) (With three little ones at home!)

Joyce Collins said...

Your Dad printed the Crysalis picture this morning to take to work with him. He also stopped to get bagels to share with his co-workers to celebrate Zion's coming into the world. You would think he's the grandpa or something!

zibaby said...

funny. he said everyone was like "congratulations! where's the bagels?" on wednesday when he went to work.

Lizzybeth said...

Jeremy...do you remeber that action film thing you did for me and my co-worker Michael Ray for our real estate thing? OH NO!!!!

zibaby said...

thanks Liz.

Anonymous said...

hey trish---this is your cousin Holly! Baby Zion is adorable!! Congradulations!

Anonymous said...

oops! guess I misspelled 'congratulations'! by the way, great name!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...the cuteness! My eyes! My eyes! Can't wait to see him live and in person.

jonathandy said...

So did you get the five generation picture? Post it up! Oh, by the way, I know I'm the younger, insignificant, nonreciever of generational blessing son and all, but could you PLEEEASE leave some name-heritage leftovers for my first son. I don't think he'll be too happy of a 16 year-old sporting a driver's license that says "Jimmy Joyce Collins" or "Michael Mildred Collins".

Joyce Collins said...

Joyce is a guy's name as well! There is some famous poet by the first name of Joyce. I just can't remember his last name. I think it starts with an S.

zibaby said...

jonathan- haaaaaaa!!! lol.

You can pull from the Youngs too!

Tom-Kat Jackie Ty Collins

or there's always Eunice Pat Toots Collins!

Anonymous said...

i'm ready for some more pictures of you guys...have any new ones to share :)

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»