Monday, April 16, 2007

THE NUTCRACKER

THE NUT

This little nut woke up at 3 am crying; well, really, whining. So, I went in to check on him. There was just enough light from the hallway that I could tell he was lying on his stomach. His little, no, big head was bobbin' around and I could tell he was half asleep.
I said "what's wrong baby?" which apparently startled him enough that his half asleep noggin went careening into the ocean wonders musical thingy. The impact made a noise just like a cracked nut. The next noise was Zion's ear piercing scream. I picked him up and ran into the bathroom to check out the damage. The poor little guy's eye looked swollen and then I noticed a pea sized knot appear at the corner of his eye.
I ran downstairs with him to get his boo "bunny" elephant ice pack. I seriously thought he was gonna have a black eye. Surprisingly, he let me strap it to his head, swaddle him in a blanket and rock him to sleep. I kept worrying that he might have had a "fraction of a second" concussion. Thus, I put him in bed with me for the rest of the night. I was worried about him but also laughing as I grabbed the camera to record the incident! In the morning, the knot was gone and thankfully there was no black eye. Not sure how I would have explained a black eye!

No comments: